Monday, April 13, 2009

Day 85 (04-12-09)

Happy Easter!

So it’s Easter Sunday. Not a big deal, we still have class. And in case you think this is a typo, think again. We’re crossing the international dateline. Our incessant loss of an hour’s worth of sleep most nights at sea has been avenged by the gaining of a day. It just happens to fall on Easter. And they’ve been playing Groundhog Day on our TVs for the past two days. Cute. So from now on, I’ll be behind you all in time instead of ahead. It’s probably a simple enough concept, but it’s taken me (and several others, I’m not the only slow one) a lot of time to try and figure it all out. And it wouldn’t matter to me in the slightest, except that the time/day change happened right at the time I’m supposed to register for next semester’s classes at Boulder. So I didn’t know if I was supposed to register yesterday, or this morning, or tomorrow, or what. But I got it figured out. I was on the internet at 4am sorting through it. But I’m registered. Hallelujah. Anyway.

We have an exam tomorrow. And the ship is rocking all over the place making people seasick. And we lose another hour of time tonight. Great planning, Semester at Sea. Give us a test the morning after we lose an hour of sleep. Thanks for your help. Everyone is busy working and studying. The ship hasn’t been this dead since… well the night before our last Global Studies exam. Go figure. It’ll be over soon though. And we have an auction tomorrow night. Picture day is the 14th. The play is on the 15th and 17th. The talent show is the 16th. We have plenty of stuff to keep us occupied. But the trivial things like exams interrupt our social schedule every once in awhile. How trite.



No comments:

Post a Comment